Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ah Spring

First and for most MY AUNT ZAROGA ROCKS!! I have had no time to really dedicate to figuring out how to build a custom blog and she has provided me with a plethora of "quick tutorials" to get this blog up and running and to add all the cool tweaks to it to make it look good. She is up dating it often and hopefully here soon I will have been taught enough to run it on my so that she can concentrate on hers. Thank you so much!

Nothing to do with baking today. This is my inspiration for great pallet colors for flower on my cakes. I am posting another passion of mine. Surprise, gardening. So there was some sarcasm there. What can I say, it runs in the family : ")

I will post some pictures of the start of my first little garden. This was my birthday present from my husband and children. I didn't have to do anything but put the flowers where I wanted them. The removal of the sod was taken care of. For Mother's day I have been promised another garden on the other side of the house. It will be the biggest.



My house is in a new subdivision with little landscaping. There was a small bed by the walk with shrubs in it and a leaning tree (fore picture). I am sure you have seen these types before. So everything is small and hopeful by summer it will look a bit m ore filled in. In the fall I will add some spring bulbs to help it along.

This is our first cramped subdivision and although it is my husband and our least favorite place the kids are very happy here. My husband and I are no longer consumed with house projects and yard work and have quality time to spend with the kids. For the first time my 10 year old has a bunch of play mates close by. Our last house had one kid that was his age but they didn't get along that well after a year or so and my daughter had no one her age. The closest was 3 years older than her. So here we are.

I figure by the time we get around to getting a place that my husband and I will truly enjoy we will be to old to take care of it.







To see my cakes check out the Archives to the right. All the pictures are there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. What a pretty home and yard. It will be fun to purchase bulbs for next year. Glad your children have lots of playmates. I grew up in an older neighborhood with one friend!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Zaroga has done a great job helping you - your blog is absolutely beautiful.

Funky Junk Sisters said...

Hello Marcy,
We discovered your blog today through Chocolate & Marmalade Tea (Michelle). It is nice to see someone else in the area has a blog, we will keep checking back.
Hope you can come to our show here on South Hill Puyallup. Go to our blog for more information. Help us spread the word to other ladies in Puyallup!
Thanks,
Linda & Dixie
The Funky Junk Sisters

Zaroga said...

So nice to know I rock. You know I've tried several times to read your blog and then I get interrupted... I hate that. I can hardly wait to see your garden. Are you just planting flowers or are you planting a few veggies too?

aurbie said...

I love all of your flower photos. You should have joined us for our garden shoot out.

I saw your post on Gordon's site. We all welcome you to out Friday shoot outs.

Look forward to seeing you next Friday.

I will follow your blog!