Saturday, May 23, 2009

Second Wave of Sis's cake <- link to more pics



This little guy was made with Royal Icing. A thick consistency was used for the out line and a thin consistency for the inside. Don't think you are going to whip these up in one day. They need about 48 hours to dry!!!





Of course I dropped an flower in the middle and ruined the some what smooth surface just enough to make it noticeable. I just need to add the butterflies tomorrow and write the happy birthday and I'm done!

I need a new camera. This one hasn't worked well since my daughter dropped it. The case is cracked and the lens was off kilter. Darling DH got the lens working again. It works well enough. (He thinks)

My other Cakes.

3 comments:

The Pink Birdhouse said...

hi Marcy, LOVE your cakes! Makes me really miss delicious american birthday cakes, so yummy and sweet. Love how you decorate them!! I plan to come soon to see what else you are sharing with one and all! What a talent you are. Debby

Zaroga said...

The cake is looking good. How many hours did it take you to get it this far? How did you make the butterflies?

The pictures look good to me.

A Joyful Chaos said...

The cake is beautiful! You are very talented.