Thursday, May 21, 2009

The next birthday cake in the making



Well, home schooling has just sucked the life out of free time this week. I was able to browse through a few cake books despite this.. The books that I was so excited to get from the library were disappointments. It was all fondant designs and if I haven't mentioned it before, no one here cares to much for fondant but every one LOVES butter cream. So trying not to do the same old thing with butter cream becomes a challenge.

My sister wants flowers on it. I really wanted to put some royal icing flowers on it. I have been informed that it isn't all that edible (grr) So butter cream it is. I will have photo's of it on Saturday, Sunday at the latest.

To see my past cakes find the link on the far right that says CAKES : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcy, I'm looking forward to your latest creation. Hope you and your family have a nice weekend.

aurbie said...

That sound so good. Yummy photo, and your banner makes me want to eat a whole cake.

Don't work to hard. I hope you made us all a red velvet cake for our Friday shoot out.

Zaroga said...

That picture is great. Your sister is a pain.... isn't she :-) Can't wait to see what you make her.

Rainy and dreary here :-(